Re: AD compliance

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Starduster Bulletin Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Denny Pollard (4.243.170.66) on November 07, 2005 at 18:41:58:

In Reply to: AD compliance posted by Jody Pillatzki on November 05, 2005 at 19:42:38:

As most of you know I am a FSDO guy and there is some differences in opinion between FSDO's. However when it comes to experimental certification we all have to follow the guidance in FAA Order 8120.2F currently. In earlier revision of this Order were some misleading statements, but I beleive most of them have been taken care of. That is why the operation limitations are written pretty much the same all over the country to the same standard now.

The FAA teaches all us Inspector types if a aircraft is certified with a T/C engine and propeller it has to be maintained to that standard because it still has a data plate. The entire aircraft may not have to meet any standard in accordance with FAR 43.1, but T/C items installed do.

To my knowledge I have yet seen a experimental owner held responsible for missing an AD on their T/C product. However that is not to say it won't happen because the operation limitations are what you are held to.

Denny

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Starduster Bulletin Board ] [ FAQ ]