Re: SA 100 compared to SA 101

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Starduster Bulletin Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Daryl Lowey (24.71.223.141) on November 01, 2005 at 16:09:03:

In Reply to: Re: SA 100 compared to SA 101 posted by Pat Wright on October 27, 2005 at 19:47:16:

Hi Pat.. thanks for the info.

Firstly the wing... This is an old... old project. It has the old flat bottom wings. Consulting with a friend who has built an acroduster and several sets of wings, we have decided the wings could easily be converted to semi symmetrical by adding a capstrip to the bottom of the ribs and of course shaping them to the nose and trailing edges.
As this is an old project, there are no upper wing ailerons so modification should be no problem. In addition to this, we are removing the old wooden wing tip bow and replacing it with a metal one as in the acroduster plans. At this time we are undecided as to whether or not to add upper ailerons.

As for the horizontal and vertical stabs, I am leaning towards adapting the acroduster plans to suit the sa100. I really haven't had a lot of time to look into this any further than the research I'm doing on line.
I have missed tail slides flying a Citabria so my intentions right now are to beef up the tail in the starduster. This will probably involve gussetting , as well as the addition of a second horizontal stab strut on either side which will add some minimal tail weight. (in the same manner, I will add a 3rd and 4th flying wire for the vertical stab.

As I said, I'm only in the research stage at this point. As I get closer to doing any work on her I'll post photos

I'm currently building an Acroduster, and had only intended this one as a 'Mall Display package' but she's in good enough shape that it'd be a crime not to fly her.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Starduster Bulletin Board ] [ FAQ ]